The Church of La Inmaculada Concepcion de Malabon is one of the well-known landmarks of the city of Malabon in Metro Manila. According to a marker (shown at the bottom of this post) installed by the National Historical Institute, the original chapel was built from stone and chalk in 1866. It was destroyed by an earthquake in 1880.
The existing church building was constructed in 1886. It served as a congregational place for the Philippine Independent (Aglipayan) Church on November 26, 1902.
A Supreme Court decision returned the building to Roman Catholic Church on November 24, 1906. The parochial status of the church building took effect on September 8, 1907.
Pope John Paul II signed the papal bull for the canonical coronation of the old image of the La Inmaculada Concepcion de Malabon on September 16, 1986. The coronation was led by Jaime Cardinal Sin, then-Archbishop of Manila, on December 7, 1986.